An Online Business for Seniors
That's how someone with a successful online business views their computer.
As an endless source of money, sort of like a personal ATM.
But the question remains. "Is an online business for seniors viable?"
And the answer is "yes, definitely."
As a senior, you know lots and lots of stuff.
Maybe not the technical stuff involved in registering a domain name, building a website, getting it hosted, accepting payments and so on. But honestly, that stuff is trivial. You just have to be shown how to do it. The hard stuff is connecting with customers and persuading them to buy your product. And one way or another, you've been persuading people to do that all your life. Even if your "product" has been your own shill set!
You Need a Blueprint
To have a successful online business, you need a reliable blueprint to follow.
Hi, I'm Phil Lancaster from Internet Marketing FAST.
I have 24 online internet businesses and I'm 78 years old (in 2022). I'm here to tell you that you are never too old to create your own successful online business for seniors.
And there's never been a better time than right now.
With the Covid-19 pandemic keeping people at home and high street businesses in lockdown, almost everyone has become an online shopper.
You can HELP people to find what they're looking for and at the same time stand under the avalanche of money that's pouring into online shopping. It's about time you got your share, and I can show you how to go about it.
The last thing you want to have to do in your golden years is rely on government handouts. Or even investment income. With the way the economy's going, no one knows how dependable either of those will be going forward.
You owe it to yourself and your family to get on board this gravy train.
How much difference would it make to you and your family if you created just one online internet business that returned a thousand dollars a week in clear profit? How about a thousand dollars a day? And what if you had 10 of them. It's all possible.
What would it mean to you? A new car? Updates to your home? A vacation abroad, staying wherever you like without regard to cost? Travelling first class? Helping your grandkids with their education? Or all of these?
This wealth journey starts with a single step.
See below. My Internet Marketing FAST series will be your guide and it's available to you at zero cost. No tricks, no upsells, just valuable content.
Get These Wrong and You'll Fail Badly
- You must pick the correct niche. What is your business all about?
- You must register a good domain name that identifies and brands your business. Think Amazon, Microsoft, Google. What makes a good domain name? Who should be your domain name registrar?
- You must have a reliable website host. One that is optimized for WordPress, that allows you to host multiple websites (for the multiple businesses that you're going to build), that is available all the time and loads fast on all devices, including smart phones.
- (In the Internet Marketing FAST box set, I explain why it's a big mistake to host your domain name and website with the same supplier).
- You must build a website, or have one built for you. But it's better to build your own. I explain why and how in Book 5 WordPress for the Technically Challenged. It's not trivial, but it's not rocket science either. If you're really stuck, I can build it for you but by explaining each step, train you to take it over.
- Once you've built your basic website on the WordPress platform, you have to make it your own with a Google-friendly structure and content-rich posts and pages. There is no better tool for this than Thrive Themes and Plugins, but there's so much functionality available that it can seem overwhelming. But I've got you covered. Books 6, 7 and 8 go through all the functions step by step until you're a Thrive expert.
- So now you've got a content rich, attractive website that reflects your business. But there's a problem. Nobody knows about it. So what's next?
Visitors Are Your Business Lifeblood
You can have the most beautiful, conversion-focused website (and you will) but unless you have visitors interested in buying your product (or the products you're promoting), you will not make any money. It would be like having a cafe tucked away out of site in the middle of nowhere. No customers.
But there are many ways of getting traffic (visitors) and they can be divided into three groups:
- Paid advertising, through Facebook, Google Ads, Solo Mailings and others.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) with the aim of getting you onto page 1 of the search engines Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Social Media platforms, including Pinterest, Facebook and others.
I will teach you how to leverage all of these.
And also how to get your website to report all of the valuable information about your visitors, such as how many are visiting each day, where they are from (you might be surprised), how long they stay on your site and which of your pages are the most popular.
Your Online Business for Seniors Needs a List
Santa needs a list and so do you!
Once you've built your website (see Book 5 in my box set WordPress for the Technically Challenged) this is the most important thing.
You must create an email list from your visitors, prospects and customers.
These people become your tribe.
They are the ones who wait on your emails, engage with you and buy your products.
They are precious and must be nurtured.
Getting them in the first place is a mechanical thing. You have an opt-in page on your website where you offer something valuable but, more importantly, that will be of interest to them. In order to get it, they give you their email address, which automatically gets added to your mailing list.
They then receive a series of emails. Some give them more valuable content and some show them useful products that they can check out and may decide to purchase.
For an example of one of mine, please see IM FAST Series.
This series gets you the first book in my Internet Marketing FAST box set immediately and then the rest of the books over the next couple of weeks. I also recommend products that I'm an affiliate for, so if you decide to buy one, I get an affiliate commission. But there are two really important things to note:
1. There is no difference to your price because I'm getting an affiliate commission. Affiliate marketing is a genuine win-win proposition and you should be looking to do it as your initial source of online business for seniors.
2. I personally use every product I recommend. In most cases, I've used them for years, would be regarded as an expert and am happy to offer help where needed.
You'll also see that eventually (in the email series) I start talking about my upcoming Internet Marketing FAST training course. This will be a fully fledged, multi-media training course with the stated aim of forcing every participant, regardless of age or other factors to owning a successful online business by the end of the course.
I'm really excited about bringing it to my tribe.
In the meantime, you can find out more about affiliate marketing at Affiliate Marketing: Your Questions Answered.
Take Your First Step into Internet Marketing Now
Your online business for seniors will remain a dream until you take action. It's become a cliché, but it's true: "A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step."
Your best single step to start is at my Internet Marketing FAST Box Set. And it's free!