Is Amazon Affiliates Free to Join?
The short answer is yes, as long as you have a website and can fill in the Amazon Associates application form.
Let's have a look at doing that.
Amazon Associates is Amazon’s affiliate marketing program.
Once you’ve joined Amazon Associates, you can promote any Amazon product and earn an affiliate commission when someone buys that product through your affiliate link.
But here’s the great thing. If while they’re on Amazon, they buy any other product, you collect the affiliate commission on that sale as well.
Compared to other platforms, Amazon commissions are low but…
- The trust factor is high. Visitors have no hesitation buying through Amazon and
- You can sell high-ticket items, such as an espresso coffee machine for $600 or a high-end set of golf clubs for $1,330, which will yield substantial commissions.
To become an Amazon affiliate, go to Amazon.com Associates Central and sign up.
Scroll down and click on the Sign up button.
You’ll be asked to sign in with your Amazon account credentials. This links your affiliate account with your normal Amazon account, which allows you to find Amazon products and immediately download the links to promote them. It’s a great feature.
If you don’t have a normal Amazon account, you can create one now.
Confirm your Amazon details and click the Next button.
You must enter one website URL to become an Amazon affiliate.
There’s no need to enter more than one.
Once you have an Amazon affiliate link, you can use it on any number of sites.
So enter one of your site’s URLs and click on the Next button.
You then need to confirm that your site is not directed at children.
That’s almost it. You’re about to become an Amazon affiliate (the next step on your way to becoming an Amazon Super Affiliate).
You now need to tell Amazon a bit about your business by completing some additional information.
- Enter your name as your preferred Associates Store Id. Amazon will use this to create an affiliate id. You are better off using your name rather than a website as you may want to use it on multiple websites.
- Enter a few words about your primary busimess.
- Check the Blog radio button.
- Select From the Amazon.com website.
- Enter the Captcha,
- Check agreement to the terms and conditions.
Note that none of the above is important. It’s just to get you accepted.
Here’s an example with the information completed.
Complete the information and click on the Finish button.
Your application has been accepted and you have been issued with an Amazon affiliate id.
You are now able to sell Amazon products and collect an affiliate commission.
Click the Now button to provide Amazon with how you wish to get paid and with the necessary US tax information. This will be different, depending on your country of residence.
Just work through it.
You will also receive a confirmation email from Amazon.
- You must make 3 sales within 180 days in order to keep your account. If this doesn't happen, you can apply again and get a new Amazon affiliate id, but will then have to update any existing links that you have placed on your website and
- Your site is still subject to manual review by Amazon, so make sure you abide by their rules.
In the next post, I'll get to the exciting part.
Finding Amazon products to promote and earn affiliate commission.
To get your other affiliate marketing questions answered, go to Affiliate Marketing: Your Questions Answered.