Do Affiliate Marketers Make Money?
If you are thinking about entering the world of affiliate marketing, the chances are high (around about 100%) that you are doing so in order to make money.
Perhaps you just want a side hustle that allows you to buy the odd luxury you couldn't otherwise afford or maybe your ambitions stretch to quitting your 9 to 5 JOB (Just Over Broke) and living the laptop lifestyle you've only dreamed of.
Both of these ambitions are doable.
You know this because others have done it.
So what's their secret?
How to Make Money as an Affiliate
Make sure that you have each of these 10 steps in place in order to make money as an affiliate:
- Be in a niche that has both potential customers and vendors with quality products.
- Have an attractive website that builds trust. This includes a domain name that matches your niche.
- Use a webhost with high-speed, reliable servers.
- Use landing pages to promote your affiliate products.
- Collect your customers' names and email addresses.
- Use automated follow-up emails.
- Create a valuable give-away to add prospects to your mailing list. Put your give-away and opt-in form on your home page, either in the main body or in a sidebar.
- Write valuable content as blog posts.
- Where appropriate, link to a product landing page in your blog posts.
- Use ppc (pay per click) advertising and social media to grow your following.
Affiliate Marketing FAQs
I've attempted to anticipate your questions in Affiliate Marketing: Your Questions Answered.