How Much Do Affiliate Marketers Make?
If you're just starting out, this is surely one of the questions you must have.
But you may have many others too. You'll find the answers at Affiliate Marketing: Your Questions Answered (link will open in a new window, so you won't lose your place here).
There's a huge spectrum of earnings in the world of affiliate marketing. The top affiliate marketers make six or seven figures (i.e., over a million dollars a year) while others seem to make nothing, or at least very little, in exchange for all their hard work.
What Can You Do to Earn Well as an Affiliate Marketer?
There are a number of things and I'll cover the important ones in this article.
But the first thing is to have bite-sized goals.
What do I mean by that?
Here's an example.
Let's say you set up a goal of making $60,000 in 12 months. That's not life-changing or income-replacing, but it could be a great start. You could invest ten or twenty thousand back into your business (and believe me that would make a huge difference, spent on the right sort of promotions) and still have enough left over for a new car without being crippled by a bank loan.
Your First Goal
It's a great feeling to be able to point to your new car and say "my online affiliate marketing business paid for that".
But let's get back to your $60,000 goal and turn it into bite-sized ones.
How many days in a year? 365, right.
Let's give you a couple of months break and work on 300.
So you need to make just $200 a day to achieve $60,000 for the year.
So, find an affiliate product that pays $100 affiliate commission per sale (and there's plenty of them around).
So to achieve your goal, all you have to do is make 2 sales a day,
How easy is that?
And the thing is, if you can achieve 2, you can scale it up. Just 10 sales a day would give you a yearly income of $300,000. Suddenly, you are at executive level.
And, of course, do it again with just 4 more websites in other niches, put aside half a million dollars to pay others to do the actual work and your income level has cracked the one million dollars! ($300,000 x 5 = $1.5M - $500,000 expenses still leaves $1M left over).
One Affiliate Marketing Step at a Time
The Seven Essential Steps
- Choose your niche. It has to be something you're interested in so that you can write about it and something that has associated products that people want to buy. Some competition is good (because that means it's profitable) but you don't want to be overwhelmed by others with huge budgets.
- Find and register a dot com domain name related to your chosen niche.
- Engage with a fast, reliable webhost where you will build your website.
- Build your niche-related website linked to your registered domain.
- Become an affiliate for selected product vendors in your niche.
- Create website content that promotes your affiliate product.
- Send traffic to your website content.
Would you like to watch over my shoulder as I go through these 7 steps on screen for a brand-new website?
At a price you can afford (FREE)?
Sign up at Affiliate Marketing Kickstart. You'll get 3 free books immediately and be first in line when I release the new videos.